Monday, December 11, 2006

Primus show in San Jose


For those of you did not go to the Primus show at the San Jose Civic Auditorium this past Tuesday, you missed out! And for those of you who have no clue who Primus is... I feel bad for you, very very bad.

Here is a music video from Primus "Tommy the Cat"

Yes, I understand they look, sound and are strange but that makes for their great talent I say! Les Claypool the singer and amazing bass player mesmerized the audience, which included me, with his seemingly flawless playing. And of course with Tim Alexander drumming for him you couldn't ask for a better drum and bass section! You can't forget about Larry LaLonde's spiraling avant style of guitar playing either.

This concert was single handedly the best display of musicianship I have ever experienced. A trio of this caliber is a rare thing to find. And I wasn't the only one who felt this way. The friends I went with said it was the best concert they had ever been to, that includes the Tool concert that we went to a few months ago. If you have not heard the music of Primus and like the video above I highly recommend that you check out a few of their songs that I feel are some of the best... Such as: My Name Is Mud, Wynona's Big Brown Beaver, and Lacquer Head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home