Monday, October 23, 2006

This is how a president should be!


"Man of the Year," starring Robin Williams and Christopher Walken is a movie unlike any other. The acting is great and the validity of the movies ideas are exactly what any president should embrace.

Robin Williams plays a comedian, Tom Dobbs, who has his own show, similar to that of Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show." His political views and opinions become so popular with his audience that they elect him to run for the President of the United States. I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen it and want to but he does win the election and becomes the President elect. Aside from the main plot of Dobbs becoming the President there is a second plot that places the movie into an action genre as well as a comedy. To be 100% honest, I really could have done without that second plot... when you see the movie you will know what I'm talking about.

The best part of this movie are all the facts and opinions that Robin Williams presents to his audience and political supporters. They are all so obviously correct about everything from oil drilling to the education system, and he presents them in some of the funniest ways. If there was ever a candidate in real life that modelled after this character he would definitely have my vote.

I highly recommend this movie, but I have to warn you, the secondary plot is your typical action movie. So you may get a little annoyed with it. Other than that this movie is filled with great political ideas and keeps you laughing throughout the movie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I was going to do a movie review on this too. Oh well. I know what you mean about the action parts though. I thought it dragged on way too long. Plus, after thinking about the movie, I saw lots of plot holes. Good review though.

5:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home