Monday, December 11, 2006

Have I changed?

Hmmm... Now that I think about it... I understand, analyze and interpret the media in a much more knowledgeable perspective than I did at the beginning of the semester, but I'm not sure that I have changed my ways. I still want the products that improve my life and still want to believe the good news that reporters tell me. The difference now is that I know when I'm being bulls#!ted and can see what the point of all advertisements and coverage of stories. Everyone is in it for the money, truth is just a side note to getting the information to the media's consumers.

Being in MCOM 72 has helped me understand the who, what, when, why and how's of the media. When a commercial jumps into a certain slot at a certain time it is much more clear to me why the pick the time slot and its relation to the people who watch that particular show.

I, unfortunately, would still rather watch a funny television show than study up on the important politics of the world and the country that I live in. Sad I know, but that does not mean that I haven't learned a great deal about the media, I just have not really employed into my daily life. But it has increased that is for sure.

Hope you all have a kick ass winter break!!! ROCK & ROLL!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lilly Buchwitz said...

You said it -- the difference is that now you recognize when you're being bulls**ted.

My work here is done. :-)

Have a wonderful holiday!

1:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home